Click here to view a PDF version of this information in an easy to print format.
- All homes are single-family residences. Living area must be 2,000 square feet or more. In two story homes1,500 square feet of this must be on the first floor. Residences may be one or two story, but no higher than 30 feet. Each residence must have at least a two-car garage. Exterior walls must be 90% brick, stone, stucco or other masonry material. Roofs are to be 30 yr.+ laminated shingles, cement, clay, plastic titles, or metal roofing. Construction must comply with applicable building codes in force in Amarillo, Texas. The Canyons Architectural control committee must approve building plans in advance.
- All lots are provided underground power, natural gas, and telephone connections. All utilities must remain underground.
- All lot owners are part of the Lot Owners Association. The dues are currently $100 per acre per year, except Lake Lots which have a rate of $250 an acre.
- The school district is THE CANYON INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT. All schools used are in Canyon, Texas and school buses will pick up on the property.
- All lot owners may use Greenways as a park for recreational purposes including hiking, bicycles, and in some areas horse riding. No motorized vehicles are allowed in the Greenways.
- All lots require the drilling of a water well and installation of a septic system by lot owners. The water comes from Santa Rosa 300 to 400 deep an the wells thus far have been good with high quality water.
- All portions of a lot that are not included in building site must remain in natural state and may not be fenced. Fencing may be place around the residence and landscaped area.
- The building site, including the landscaped areas, may not exceed 40% of the lot size.
- Accessory buildings may not exceed 25% the size of the residence.
- The landscaped area may not exceed three times the size of the Residence and Accessory buildings.
- No hunting or use of firearms is allowed on the property.
- No motorcycles, dirt bikes, 3-wheelers, 4-wheelers, or similar vehicles may be operated on the property.
- No livestock other than ordinary pets (except on lots designated as horse lots) may be kept on the property.
- On horse lots, the number of horses allowed is defined in the covenants (usually 2-4). Unless they are being ridden, horses are to be confined and fed in barns or small corrals on the building site. Horses may not graze or be fed on the Natural areas of a lot and the natural areas of the lot may not be fenced to contain horses. Horses may be ridden on the Greenways in the equestrian units.
- The keeping of trash, junk, worn out vehicles, outdoor storage or temporary buildings on the property or similar unattractive uses of the property is not allowed.
- The gate is closed from sundown to sunup and can be operated from the keypad or remote control from a car or residence.
- Mail is delivered to mailboxes on the street in front of the homes.
- The telephone system is a branch of Amarillo. The mail system is a branch of Canyon.
- Alltel and AT&T cell phones are known to have good reception on the property.
- Important: The above information is provided as a courtesy and is not part of an offer to sell. The information is thought to be correct, but may not be, and does not modify, invalidate or in anyway change the covenants on this property filed as a matter of record in Randall County, Texas.